Dr. Sumi Lestari, S.Psi., M.Si.
2011-2018 : Doctor of Clinical Psychology
University of Airlangga, Surabaya
2005-2007 : Master of Clinical Psychology
University of Gadjah Mada
2000-2004 : Bachelor in Psychology
University of Islamis State Malang
Her focus of research is Clinical Psychology, with concentration on qualitative research. Her areas of modelling research relates to Mental Health, Clinical Psychology, Abnnormal Psychology, Health of Psychology, and Behavior Psychology.
- Clinical Psychology
Mentoring and Supervision
She has experience of supervising bachelor’s degree students psychological testing field. Research conducted under her supervision must be qualitative in nature, and focus more on clinical psychological research (Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Body Image, Body Shaming, Body Modification and Body Dissatisfaction).
- Impact of Body Shaming on Adolescent Girls. Mental Health Literacy : Are You Body Shaming?, 2018
- Characteristics of cognitive distortion in young women with body dysmorphic disorder, 2017
- Profile analysis : Male and female group in the nine sub-test in the Intelegenz Structure Test (IST) with multivariate approach, 2017
- Coping strategies in adolescents with body dysmorphic disorder, 2017
- Obsesive Compulsive Disorder in patients with body dysmorphic disorder, 2017
- Maping the problem of inclusive education for effort to sharpen the vision and mission of department psychology at University of Brawijaya, 2016
- Harmonious gender relation and women’s career success based on family social support, 2016
- Nomophobia scale in Indonesia (validity and reliability), 2016
- Are you Nomophobia? Precision social anxiety, affiliation needs and loneliness in predicting nomophobia for college students, 2016
- Psychodynamics of patients with body dysmorphic disorder, 2016
- Form of warning label (Pictorial, information, and question warning label) to reduce the intention to consume instant noodles for college students in the Malang City, 2015
- The Role of Conformity and Extraversion to online impulsive buying, 2015
- The pathological liar of students has a procrastinating habit, 2015
- Changes in behaviour through economic tokens in lazy students learning, 2014
- Reletionship between the tendency of body dysmorphic disorder and the self-esteem of visitor to beauty salons and fitness centers in Malang City, 2013
Selected Research Funding
H Index = 2, i10 index = 0, citations=20 (source: Google Scholar, September 2018).
- Syakrina, Sarirah, T., Lestari, S (2017). Perfectionist role in coping strategis for final-year students. Journal of Mediapsi Psychology. Department of Psychology FISIP UB, 3(1).
- Lestari, S., Widyasari, S.D., Dara, Y.P. (2016). Form of Warning Label (Pictorial, Information and Question Warning Label) to Reduce Intention of Consuming Instant Noodles to Undergraduate Students in Malang City. Psikologi Integratif, Vol 4 No. 2.
- Semedhi, P,B., Hasanah, N., Lestari, S (2015). Resilience of of refugees to conflict. Journal of Mediapsi Psychology. Department Psychology FISIP UB, 1(1).
- Ranggi, D., Herani, I., Lestari, S (2015). The descriptionof the motive and beliefs on worshipers Asmaul Haq Rangkah Kidul, Sidoarjo. Journal of Psychoislamica. Islamic Psychology UIN Malang.
- Conference Paper Presented – Lestari, S. (2017). Obsesive Compulsive Disorder in Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Presented at 5th Global conference on Business and Social Science, Kualalumpur
- Conference Paper Presented– Lestari, S. (2016). Nomophobia Scale in Indonesian, presented at ISESS-Summer International Symposium on Economic and Social Science-Summer Session, Kyoto, Japan.
- Conference Paper Presented– Lestari, S. (2015). The pathological liar for student has a procatinating habit, presented at ICP-HESOS International Conference on Psychology In Health Education Soscial, And Organizational Setting, Huangzhu,China.