- Bachelor degree in Psychology (1999 – 2004)
- Master of professional psychology in Child Clinical Psychology (2004-2006) from University of Indonesia.
Profesional Experiences :
- Lecturer of Psychology Department of Faculty of Social Science and Political Science at University of Brawijaya (2007 – now)
- Secretary of Psychology Department (2008 – 2012)
- Student counselor at Faculty of Agricultural Technology University of Brawijaya (2011 – 2012)
- Head of Services Division in the Centre for Disability Studies and Services of Brawijaya University (2012 – 2016)
- Head of guidance and counseling unit at Academic and Profesional Education Development Centre University of Brawijaya (2016 – now)
- Head of student counselling services at University of Brawijaya (2018 – now)
- Head of student counselling services at Faculty of Social Science and Political Science at University of Brawijaya (2017 – now)
- Child psychologist with play therapy skill (2017)
Broad research in disability studies focusing on inclusive education in higher degree education, family especially in parenting, and child – youth studies focusing on bullying and student adaptation.
- The Best Lecturer Award in the Field of Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi from Psychology Dept. Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Brawijaya University (2015/2016).
- The 1st Best Lecturer Award in the Field of Teaching from Psychology Dept. Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Brawijaya University (2016/2017).
- The 2nd Best Lecturer Award in the Field of Teaching from Psychology Dept. Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Brawijaya University (2017/2018).
Mentoring and Supervision
Mrs. Pratiwi main focus of research is on disability studies, as well as on other psychological research areas such as family and bullying. Her concern on disability was presented in the 2013 International Conference on Education, Psychology and Society (ICEPAS) in Bangkok, Thailand with the title, ”Family Support: The Importance of Social Support for Disable Students in Brawijaya University” – Indonesia. Furthermore, she is also active in conducting and disseminating research in the area of family study. In April 2012 she participated in a The Asian Conference on Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences 2012 conference in Japan to present a paper ”Raising Grandchildren: What Grandchildren and Grandmothers Say About Their Relationship.” She managed to relate bullying as her new area of interest with family issues in her paper “School Bullying: Perspectives of Parents and Schools as Microsystem Components” that she presented in a national conference. Her published work in 2012, “Parenting Role in Mediating Technology Effect on Children” and “Differences of Work Life Balance (WLB) on Woman who work at industry, health and education area” in 2014, further established Mrs. Ari’s involvement in family studies.
Selected Research Funding
- Community Services Grants from Directorate General of Research and Development Republic of Indonesia (2016).
- Grant for Junior Researcher Universitas Brawijaya (2018): Research about Employability of Youth with Disability. (Unita Werdi Rahajeng, Ari Pratiwi, Alies Poetri Lintangsari)
- Competence-based Grant for Textbook Publication Universitas Brawijaya (2018): Disability and Inclusive Education in Higher Education (Ari Pratiwi, Alies Poetri Lintangsari, Ulfah Fatmala Rizky, Unita Werdi Rahajeng)
- Riahta, Rafidah., Nur Hasanah., Ari Pratiwi. (2015). Regulasi emosi mahasiswa penyandang tunarungu dalam relasi dengan kawan sebaya. Indonesian Journal of Disability Studies (IJDS). 2015 : vol. 2(1) : PP 42-51
- Pratiwi, Ari. Santoso, Edy. (2017). Eskalasi Usaha Konveksi Kaos Dan Seragam Kerja Melalui Strategi Kualitas Produk, Layanan Konsumen Dan Perluasan Jaringan Pemasaran Melalui E-Commerce Pada Wirausaha Forum Difabel Malang Raya (Fordimara) Di Kota Malang Raya, Indonesian Journal of Disability Studies (IJDS).2017: Vol. 4(1): PP 45-50.
- Oktawirawan, Dwi Hardani., Ari Pratiwi. (2018). Man’s Decision Making in making Bisexual Simultan.Mediapsi, Vol 4, No 1 (2018), pp. 36-46. DOI https://doi.org/10.21776/ub.mps.2018.004.01.4
Books and Book chapters
- Pratiwi, Ari. Alies Poetri Lintangsari, Ulfah Fatmala Rizky, Unita Werdi Rahajeng. (2018). Disability and Inclusive Education in Higher Education. UB Press
- Member of Indonesian Psychological Association (HIMPSI).